HALONG BAY AND SAPA AT A GLIMPSE – PACKAGE TOUR.
DAY 1: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Majestic Halong Cruise. Meals =Lunch, Dinner.
07:30 – 08:30 The tour guide and bus pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter.
08:30 Departure to Halong Bay for 3.5 Hours.
10:00 Arrive in Hai Duong province, and have 20 minute short break.
12:00 Arrive Bai Chay harbor, Halong Bay.
12:15 Welcome to Majestic Cruise and enjoy Welcome drink, Enjoy welcome drink get a brief introduction about cruise and safety guidelines. Check-in your cabin.
12:30 Have Vietnamese seafood and vegetarian lunch, while cruising in the magnificent Halong Bay, admiring the fascinating rock formations in the bay.
14:30 arrival in Van Gia floating fishing village, take rowing boat through the village or kayaking to visiting around the floating fishing village.
15:30 Continued exploration the bay.
16:00 Visiting Halong Pearl Farm Village, and Swimming in the bay.
17.30 Back Majestic Halong cruise and relax.
18:00 Join cooking class guided directly by Chef of Majestic Halong Cruise. You have chance to practice Vietnamese traditional dishes such as spring roll or famous cuisine of Vietnam.
19:30 Time for dinner enjoying special BBQ seafood on the cruise.
21:00 Evening entertainments: play game on the cruise: cards game, chess, karaoke, squid fishing.
Overnight on board.
DAY 2: Majestic Halong Cruise – Hanoi - Lao Cai. Meals = Breakfast, Lunch.
06.30: Early morning sun risers can enjoy Tai Chi lesson on sundeck.
07.00: Morning view of bay’s landscape with a cup of tea or coffee. Have breakfast.
08:00 Arrive Sung Sot Cave (Amazing Cave) and joining with guide to visiting and explore the cave.
10:00: Check-out and enjoy a fantastic cruise on the bay.
11:00: Enjoy the lunch on cruise.
12:00: Majestic Cruise are landing Halong Bay harbor, tourist say goodbye to sailors and finish the cruise.
12:30: Return to Hanoi by shuttle bus.
14:30: Stopover in Hai Duong province to visit a ceramics workshop.
16:00 – 16:30: Arrive in Hanoi.
120: 00 pm - Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi and transfer to Hanoi railway station for boarding the Express Train to Lao Cai. Overnight in an air-conditioned soft sleeper wooden cabin. (4 pax/cabin or 2 pax/cabin on Request).
Overnight in the train, 4 soft berth cabin, AC.
DAY 3: Lao Cai – Suoi Ho village – Matra valley Ta Phin - Sapa. Meals = Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Arrive in Lao Cai around 5.30 am.
Meet your guide as you check out the station. You will travel uphill to Sapa and enjoy as many stops as you wish for over views of valleys and terraced rice fields as well as magnificent scenery.
Breakfast and check in hotel upon arrival if your room available then start from here downhill and cross the stream to the other bank where Suoi Ho village beautifully sits on the top of a low hill.
Spend half an hour to visit several local homes for understanding of local life before continue walking along a large path on hillsides which is paved with rock to get through Ma Tra village. This portion of the walk offers beautiful scenery of the valley and terraced paddies as well as flower farm. Paying visiting to a ruined of the French Catholic church at the end of the walk, then picked up and transfer by road 12km back to Sapa.
Dinner and overnight in Sapa.
DAY 4: Sapa – Ban Khoang- Ta Giang Phinh - Sapa - Lao Cai - Hanoi. Meals = Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
After breakfast, Met up at your hotel in Sapa by local guide and driving for a short road transfer heading northwards of Sapa to O Quy Ho with several stops for magnificent landscapes of Fansipan, Sin Chai valley and especially amazing flower and vegetable farms.
Then turn right to follow a narrow road for half an hour getting through the wild region with thick rain forest covering walled-up mountains, passing several waterfalls before arriving to Ban Khoang, a village of the Red Zao ethnic peoples who live their unique way of life and well maintain their traditional values. The village looks prosperous thanks to the combination of wet rice cultivation on the terraced fields with cardamom farming under the shade of trees in thick forest.
Spend over an hour walking to explore this remote village for a brief understanding of local life. Leaving Ban Khoang and process along the road for about 10km to Ta Giang Phin valley inhabited by the Black Hmong who live in some small villages scattering along a peaceful stream.
Enjoy an hour lunch break on the bank of a stream before walking along village path which connects village to village to witness daily activities of local life such as plough and harrow the fields, growing, harvesting or doing some house work. In leisure months men often gather to built new houses or repair parts of old ones while women stay home making their traditional costumes. The walk ends in mid afternoon, picked up for the road ride back to Sapa.
Freshen up and then transfer down hill to Lao Cai station for taking the overnight train to Hanoi
Arrive in Hanoi around 5 Am next morning. Tour ends at Hanoi Railway Station.
Overnight in the train, 4 soft berth cabin, AC.
What to Bring.
- Sun block.
- Sleeping bag.
- Camera + Film.
- Insect repellent.
- Original Passport.
- A wide brimmed hat.
- Swimming suite.
- Warm clothes in the Winter time [From December till March].
- Sun glasses.
- The itinerary & Junk would be changed to other same standard junks upon the availability.
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions. Swimming, kayaking or snorkelling excursions may be cancelled due to poor weather. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- In line with our responsible vision of tourism, please note that we do not include the most popular caves of the bay in our program. We consider that they are an insult to heritage preservation.
- On the way to Halong and back to Hanoi, we will stop at a place with food, beverages and souvenirs for sale. This is not to trick you and that will be the only times of the whole trip you may feel in the tourism mass. But that is the only place on the way, where you, your driver and your guide can use clean toilets without being forced to buy anything. Thanks for your understanding.
- Meals: Vietnamese menu. Would you please advise us any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least one (1) week prior to the cruise date.
- Advance cruise registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers.
Rates are Inclusive:
- Transfer from hotel/stay in Hanoi Old Quarter to Halong Bay and Return by A/C bus.
- En-suite room on 03 star junk cruises: Majestic Cruise, Dolphin Sail, Legacy or similar, base on twin shared room.
- Returned train tickets, soft sleeper, AC 04 berth wooden Cabin.
- Accommodation in Sapa: Panorama Hotel, Fansipan View hotel or similar.
- All entrance tickets to sites indicated in Itinerary.
- Complementary bottles of water on bus and Welcome Drink.
- Meals as indicated.
- Travel Insurance on board.
- English Speaking Tour Guide during the trip to Halong bay and in Sapa.
- Kayaking or Bamboo boat rowing.
- All taxes and service charge.
Rates are Exclusive :
- Private car: Hanoi - Halong bay - Sapa (upon request).
- Airport pick up and drop off service.
- Additional drinks.
- VAT tax.
- Travel Insurance.
- Tips and other personal expenses.
- All other services not clearly mentioned above.
THE PACKAGE RATES: USD 320 per person, applied to group of 02 persons, based on twin shared room.
- Children under 4 years old: are FOC.
- Children from 4 to 9 years old: are charged 50% of the adult rate.
- Children from 9 and over: are charged at the adult rate.
- All cancellation must be made in writing to us through email only.
- Cancellation made by the cruise itself: No cancellation fee applied
- 20 days prior to check - in date: No cancellation fee applied
- 07 – 19 days prior to check - in date : 30 % of each cancelled room.
- Less than 07 days prior to check - in date : 100% of total room charge.
Cancellation policy due to bad Weather:
- All cruises in Halong Bay must have permit from Management Board of Halong Bay to stay overnight in the Bay.
- Based on the weather conditions (high winds, monsoon, thunderstorm, cyclone, storm,...), the Management Board has the right to cancel all overnight cruises on certain day to guarantee the safety of tourists.
- In those cases, following policies will be applied:
- If the cancellation is informed before you leave Hanoi to Halong Bay (you have not used any service yet): 100% refund.
- If the cancellation is informed during the trip (you have already used some services: transfer, lunch, day trip, hotel in Halong,...): Only the fee of these services will be charged and we will refund whole remain amount.
- If the trip to Halong bay is cut down from 3 days/2 nights to 2 days/1 night, we will charge as 2 days/1 night trip, plus other services you have already used and refund the remain amount.
- The cancellation is announced ONLY by the Management Board of Halong Bay and often in short notice of time. Therefore your understandings in these situations are highly appreciated.
- Guests will stay one night at Hanoi before Halong bay cruise. Check in at 14:00 and check-out at 11:00.
- Wi-Fi is available onboard for free of charge at the hotel.
- Food: In Halong and Sapa, It is mainly Vietnamese dishes; please let us know if you are vegetarian.
- Doctor and Pharmacy are not available on boat.
- The period from May to July is considered as storm weather in Halong Bay with many unpredictable weather conditions. Hence more cruises will be cancelled with short notice during this season.
- In all cases, please contact our consultants directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you with all of our best!
What to Bring:
- Passport with valid visa.
- Sleeping bag.
- Some cash in Vietnamese Dong or small US dollar notes for personal expenses.
- Sunblock or insect repellent.
- Sport shoes & swimming suite.
- Bring something warm to wear [From Dec till March].
- Please be ready on time for our pick up service.
- We only accept cash payments on board.
- Outside beverage have applicable corkage fee on the cruise.
- Travel light, as you can please arrange to keep big luggage at your hotel.